This shows the bellframe which has been treated with a coat of rust inhibitor and a prime coat. A gloss coat is yet to be applied.
Above is the original smallest bell, dated 1713. This bell will be hung dead in a separate frame and a hammer will strike the hour on this bell.
This is the original 2nd bell, will be the 4th in the new ring. It has be moved onto the top of the frame to allow space for the new bells to be raised into the belfry.
Another view of the repainted frame.
A project to augment St. Peters' church bells from four to six, commemorating the centenary of the First World War. There are many ways to get involved: make a donation, volunteer to learn the art of bell ringing, or offer your labour to the project to help keep costs down. This blog tells the story of the project and keeps readers informed of progress.
Contact the appeal
John Mulvey
56 Upper Gungate
Tamworth
B79 8AA
Tel: 07760 367570
Email: mfjohn1@ntlworld.com
Friday, 17 June 2016
Saturday, 11 June 2016
Sound Control To Be Installed Soon
After the completion of the building of the new ringing room floor, work is to begin soon on the installation of new woodwork on the inside of the louvres. This will ensure that the level of noise from the bells can be controlled. The sound control, when installed, will contain small opening doors. These can be opened for service ringing and closed when bell ringing practices are taking place.
The new woodwork will be installed by Adrian Taylor who has installed the new ringing room floor. The work should begin within the next few weeks.
The new woodwork will be installed by Adrian Taylor who has installed the new ringing room floor. The work should begin within the next few weeks.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)